Hot Rod Forum banner

5581 - 5600 of 5610 Posts

·
Slow but willing learner
5,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,585 ·
Well, crap, there goes my multi-million dollar marketing idea... :(
Make yours adjustable and your back in the game Mitch!👍

Had a long day in the garage today. Insulating the firewall after the car is built is not the best way but I gotter done. :)

I have put jute or sound deadener in the recesses of the firewall as appropriate and working my way back with the sound deadener. I will probably use jute on top of the sound deadener. I have bocoos of it.

John

Attachments

·
Slow but willing learner
5,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,586 · (Edited)
I got the aluminum backed butyl rubber sound deadener in yesterday and the jute padding today.

I had to drill the mounting holes for the sill plated so I could have them in place and mark the jute for trimming. The quality of these was superb. The LH plate actually had the channel for the wiring.....a convertible only feature.

One other thing that was a pleasant surprise was being able to lay the jute in one piece for each side, though I chose not to on the driver's side,due to having to work around the pedals, E-brake, steering column, etc.

Attachments

·
I will endevour to persevere
1,129 Posts
Wow that Jute looks almost as good carpet. You sure got a talent for that John. I am afraid my Jute Jobs looked like a hack. Ya know the old saying "Aw don't worry it will be covered by the carpet" That looks impressive from my observations. Pure Quality!

·
Slow but willing learner
5,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,588 ·
Barb's Jaguar went to a new home today. It was kind of hard to do. She loved that car.

The carpet finally gets it's turn. I have a good start but still have a long way to go. I really like the German Square Weave carpet. Both, the way it works and wears. Being fairly thin, makes it much easier to do a nice binding job as well.

On top of that, the color seems to work well also.

John

·
Slow but willing learner
5,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,590 ·
With lots of patience and my sister in law's steamer, I have the center and right hand carpet in. This square weave carpet does not form as easily as some others but I did manage to keep the ugly out of sight under the seat. It is taking longer than I expected but the end result is good.

John

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,415 Posts
Perfection!

Brian

·
Slow but willing learner
5,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,594 ·
I tried to win the award for ugliest kick panel pattern. Does anyone know when the judging begins?

Don't you just love Velcro?

I have not given much thought to the wind lace retainers. AAMOF, I have not seen them in 4 years. Digging them our showed a new project that will have to wait until I get back from the Good Guys show in Nashville.

Ok. Time to get ready for church. It may de a day or two before I make it back down to the shop.

John

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,415 Posts
LOL, No such thing, but I am pretty pleased. Thanks. 😀😀😀

John
Maybe in all out main arena show cars there is no such thing. But in a car that goes to the drive inn on Friday nights like yours, that is PERFECTION!
I love seeing the work you do on this car.

Brian

·
Slow but willing learner
5,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,596 ·
Ok, good week on the car. Kick panel, check. Redid rear panel behind window crank, check. Wind-lace installed, check. Assembled interior, check.

This leaves the rear seat, front wind-lace, top boot, and floor mats. It may be a while for those last two. 😉

I have a friend coming by in the morning to help me set the front seat in. I’m looking forward to driving it to the cruise in Monday.

John

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
5,390 Posts
Hey Mitch. Did you notice I corrected the angle of the pleats? 🧐🧐🧐

John
I believe I was the bad guy dissing all over your work. Were they slightly different after all?

Looking really good now.

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
5,390 Posts
You do nice interior work and I don't even know how to thread the sewing machine. Do you have it memorized or do you keep a how to drawing handy? I need to sew my car cover soon.

·
Slow but willing learner
5,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,600 · (Edited)
They were off a little Pugsy. Not sure how I did that but I did.

All sewing machines are similar but different. when it comes time to sew with yours, check on the correct way to thread it. You will know your tension is correct when the top and bottom of the seam look the same with the "knot" being buried in the middle.

John

5581 - 5600 of 5610 Posts