Hot Rod Forum banner

5601 - 5610 of 5610 Posts

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,415 Posts
So damn nice, wow, that is just amazing nice!

Brian

Reactions: John long

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
One of the best i have seen normally i will see someone did the mechanical and someone else painted it after someone else did the body work and another did the interior and mabe someone else did the top,,You have done it all and i might add a spetacular job at all of it,,you have a right to be proud if your work i love it,,my hat is off to you mf friend, I send you a Big
Ataboy award,(y)(y).

·
Slow but willing learner
5,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,607 ·
Thanks David. It has been a really fun project. I am getting ready to take her to the Good-Guys show in Nashville next weekend. I am really excited about taking my first trip in her. If I am totally honest, a little nervous about it too. (y)

John

·
Slow but willing learner
5,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,609 · (Edited)
Just a quick update on Precious.... She made it to Nashville for the Good-Guys Nashville Nationals and back with her head held high.

Monday, Charles Forgey who owns Old Car Radios, came by and helped me cut down the original radio for Precious. The radio has already been modified by Charles for the am/fm solid state conversion but it would not clear the under dash air conditioner so he has figured out how to eliminate the manual tuners and replace them with a rheostat pot. He also is relocating the solid state circuit board in it.

Pretty cool.

Charles has been converting these old radios for years and advertises in Hemming's Motor News. If anyone needs to have theirs done and needs to get in touch with Charles feel free to pop me a private message.

John

·
Slow but willing learner
5,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,610 ·
This is probably a little redundant but I managed to make some progress on the rear seat yesterday and today. The springs were amazingly good, so I covered the springs with some old tweed material, then covered them with some one inch foam. I used firmer on the cushion than the back rest.

When I fitted the seats in the car, I found the padding was a bit wide. They were really going to be tight by the time I covered them so I trimmed the foam on the sides. An electric kitchen carving knife works very well for this.

After trimming the foam for a better fit in the car, I started building the cushion up for the bolsters. I like for the seats to have a little more shape and not just look like my living room couch. Obviously, the also need to mach the front seat.🙄

The cushion is ready to cover. With luck, I can get the back rest ready tomorrow. It won't be long before I am ready to oil up the sewing machine. 👍

5601 - 5610 of 5610 Posts