Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just brought in a 53 Chevrolet 2 door in from being stored in a treeline for the past 40 years. Also scored a parts car.
Our project will include an extremely snorty small block, muncie 4-gear and satin black paint. To make our project have the look we want, we will need to take some inches out of the top. This will be my first chop, so the process will be a new experience.
1-how much?
2-what about the glass?
3-what to look out for?

Thank you for any information.

Manofwheels

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
I have seen books in Boarders on the subject. Even in the library you may find something to reference. Lets see some progress pictures. :D

[ November 10, 2002: Message edited by: tm454 ]</p>

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
How much you wamt to lower your lid is up to you. It has alot to do with your taste and how much or how well you can see. I've done chops from 2" down to the ground floor 8", most only choose to 3-5" depending on vehicle. The *" chop was on a new Safari Van, so it had the room. Madd Syntst on this board has lowerd the lid of a '53 and he has a pic you two in his photo album, contact him for information on that preticular model chop. Your glass will have to be cut professionally, it is definatly not for the home hammer jocky :D

HK

1 - 3 of 3 Posts