Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
First off why the frame swap to begin with? A frame swap needs to be wheel base for wheel base exact or very close to it. I think the s10 1/2 ton is on a 116" or maybe 118" wheel base, I don't remember exactly...you go measure it...what is the 53 Merc wheel base? The 350 your talking about was a sbc right and the 351/400m is a Ford right...so no the motor mount will not be the same. One mount is for a chevy and the other mount, the one you will need is for a Ford.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Junkyard Kustoms
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok..

I planned on customing the box to fit the frame. The 53' is a one ton and i dont want it that heavy. No, i just need to know if the engine mounts, stock mounts will hold(that still sounds weird) to the 351/400's power.I am assuming so, since it had a 350/350 combo in it before. I thought the s10 was a 1/4 ton? i want something quick as hell and not have to use a big block even tho i might in the future. i plan on using a 9" rear end to throw down the power, with a posi unit in it. The rear will turn 295.55,15's Bf goodrich radials. Im not sure of the ratio but i know its from a 78' half ton ranger( the 351/400m is from that aswell as the borg warner 4 speed, It aalso hold the wiring harness and fuse box i plan to use).Im thinkin 3.08/3.30 but im really clueless.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.