Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 70 chevy short bed that I put an 88 chevy front end on. It practically bolted right up and gave me disc brakes. My latest is a 54 3/4 ton 3600 and I would like a modern truck suspension. I have not read a lot about the common suspension rebuilds like put the truck body on an S-10. I trying to get as much info about all the different conversions. Money is an object. Labor is not an object. Anyway, I'm a member of the stovebolt site and these forums to me are an excellent learning area. So Im glad your here. Thanks for any pointers, ideas. I like to here about the good and the better ideas. One day the wife will show me how to put pictures on these sites.

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
I've got the same truck...I made the decition to restore it orig. I beleive the hand ride issue may be because its a 3/4 ton as mine is....it just dont ride well without a load plus its got an ancient suspension that'll never ride well compared to modern trucks I love my 54 but When I bought it the frame and suspension was already restored so I guess I'll just live with it,It wouldnt have been my choice,a brick on steel wheels that s hard to stop is a good description... :thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
54 Chevy

Good Morning Dbm,

When I Bought My 54 The Cab Was Still On The Frame With The Two Front Wheels Being The Original Split Rims, 8 Lug Of Course. The Hood, Fenders, Grill Etc. Were In A Box As If They Were Starting To Restore It? Anyway It Was Supposed To Be A Running 316 So I Cored The Radiator, Put A Gas Tank On Er And Fired Er Up. The Head Leaked Around The No. 1 Cylinder. But It Ran Allright. So On I Went, Rebuilt Head (316) Since It Was In My Buddy's Shop I Put It All Back Together And Drove It Home. Wow! What A Ride. I'll Try And Post Some Pictures. If You Could Stay In Touch I'd Appreciate It As I Probably Will Start This Overhaul Over Again. Thanks For The Response. Oh And Isnt There A Song Or Joke That Goes 'i Love That Truck'

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
hey bill, if you want to see something really cool look up "rust is a must" these guys can do amazing things with a computor. My truck is in there all done up with a chop and drop...it makes me want to cut it up in the worse way :thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.