Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
54 bel air frame swap(HELP)

Hey today is my first day on this site. I just bought a 1954 Chevrolet Bel air body itsd a 2dr coupe complete with no rust and only samll dents on quarters and is a perfect bosy car . i got it for for cheep and it had no frame now i heard that a s10 frame will work? but i don't know if please anyone could help me please do. i will really appreciate it.

Thank You Mike :confused:

·
Lost in the 60's
15,292 Posts
pasadenahotrod said:
Is the body you bought a 4door sedan, a 2door sedan, a coupe, a hardtop, a station wagon, or a convertible?
Is it complete with all fenders, doors, hood, grille, bumpers, deck lid, interior?
Was it laying in the mud when you bought it or does it still have a floor and rocker panels?

Give us a little, or alot, more information on what you have to start with and you'll get some advice.
He stated in his first post that it is a two door coupe with no rust.

·
Lost in the 60's
15,292 Posts
Mike....there is no such thing as a direct bolt on frame swap. Frame swaps can be hard to do and there are always lots of problems to be worked out. Some folks are using the S-10 frame these days on various vehicles...so it can be done on some better and easier than others. If you can cut and weld etc. you might be able to pull it off. But it would be a lot easier to try to find a original frame for your car. That is my opinion on it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok thank you ofr your help. thats all i ever headr was us the s10 frame so i wasn't sure about it and just wanted to know some details about it. thanks for all ur help.

mike

·
Registered
249 Posts
One of my friends put a rusted out 40's Dodge on an S-10 frame, which he pretty much had to strap together when lifting it off the frame. It turned out pretty good actually. It can be done, just kinda difficult.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.