Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys,
I haven’t posted in a while, I have been searching for allot of my answers. I have been looking around and haven't found what I was looking for.

Background: I am doing ALLOT of rust repair on the interior of the car. I am probably being overly anal but, that's the way I build my cars. So when I pulled the carpet I found holes in the floor, when I pulled the door panels I found HELL. You can check our project journal to see what I am talking about and Ill update it again soon. My concern is this; I plan on driving the heck out of this car. So I want to protect all my hard work. I am obviously going to spray rust protectant but, the design for removing water from under these windows is just BAD.

My question is, does anyone sell water tight seals for the windows? I am working on the rear right now, but the front should get the same treatment.
Is there a universal weather-strip that I could adapt somehow?

For the rear windows, is there some sort of weather strip that would keep the water out, even if the windows can't roll up and down?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well,
That tray that is suppose to catch the water and bring it to the drainage holes has completely rust away and is now removed from the window area, so I'll have to fab something similar.

But the car obviously had plenty of drainage holes it and still got alot of rust damage, I would just hate to see that happen to all my hard work.

It seems like there aren't any weather strps out there, so I will likely fab up a new water catch tray and then replace the other sheetmetal items, Then paint everything with some sort of rust protectant once I am done with the welding and such.

Still looking for some sort of product though!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.