Hot Rod Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Normally that would be a good idea, to have the old one rechromed. However, it has had some "bondo" work done on it then painted. Don't think the chrome process will work on the bondo. I'll keep looking but they are rare. Same for the hood emblem. also rare.

·
Registered
14 Posts
hey alan just wanted to say thanx for the insurance heads up. grundy is awsome for cheap insurance. my 65 elkie is $ 95.00 a year. i thought it was per month but no its for a year. i valued it at $ 10,000. mostly for the body. its near perfect. no bondo. cuz its a desert car i guess. its got a z28 motor th350 edlebrock carb and high rise. mallory dist. k&n filter and a few other thing i cant think of now.(no coffee yet)
i was paying $ 211.00 per yr w/liability only coverage. AIG while having the cheapest rates for my other 3 cars sucks for the elkie.
again thanx and good luck w/the 54. neat truck. i had one back in the 70's bone stock 216 splash motor. 6 volt and cherry too. wish i still had it. along w/10 other classic rides i owned.
keep truckin bro.

ron aka eckcamino ron

·
Acoustic Rock ... for real.
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hey, Ron

I'm glad you checked Grundy out! They are the coolest!
:D

I had a '79 El Camino back in '96 ... it inspired me to write a song titled "Right As Rain" (although all my fans call it "The El Camino Song") - you might want to check it out :
<a href="http://AlanHorvath.com/p_rain.html" target="_blank">The El Camino Song</a>

Alan Horvath
<a href="http://AlanHorvath.com/54chevy/" target="_blank">54 Chevy Pickup</a>

·
Registered
56 chev on 79 chassis, 62 LeSabre
3,126 Posts
the way i adjusted my doors was to remove the access panels to the door hinge bolts and shut the door. get in from the other side of the truck and tighten up all the bolts you can reach. open the door or whatever and tighten up the rest. i gotta newer model so there may be differences but it worked great. they shut just by pushing on them slightly before i put the new weatherstripping on them, now i have to slam them too. blah, plus, it's been about a year now, i never put the center bolts in the top hinge, so it has slipped alittle probbly so i should re adjust mine too, you can also play with the striker plate alittle too, but the way i said at the start works great. dont forget you can get a piece that snaps over the latch that takes up alot of slack and dont forget the white lithium grease. btw i got 9 g's just in my frame swap. i get looks from everybody esp little kids who crap their pants. it's even better when they see my wife drivin it :cool:

·
Acoustic Rock ... for real.
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hey, bullheimer

Those "little clips" that just snap on is what did it for me. I was in total shock! For some chump-change and 2 minutes of my time, I no longer had to slam my doors! The close perfectly now! It's amazing, man.
:D

Alan

21 - 27 of 27 Posts