Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a really nice 55 nomad. However I am getting some rust problems on the drip rails ond just above them on the top. Does anyone offewr patsh panels for this problem? Or does anyone have any suggestions on the proper repair or replacement of the drip rails?

Thanks! Nomaddaddy

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I'm not sure if a patch panel is offerd, but i doubt it. The thing I have always done is you break out the welder and sheetmetal and a hammer and patch it with old fashion engineering. If you need help with this process just ask, more than happy to help.

HK

·
Registered
15 Posts
that sounds like a bettere way than what i did i cut the rusty things off and welded them up look good but was a hell of a lot of work

·
Blowin' it
413 Posts
Just out of curiousity (or however its spelled), is this car customized? If so, have you thought about shaving the drip rails completely? You can do it in the same manner as HK suggested.

·
Registered
56 chev on 79 chassis, 62 LeSabre
3,126 Posts
unless it's all original i'd shave them, but i don't know how hard it would be but seems like it's easier than fixing them

what i did to my truck, was before any rust, was i got a screwdriver and dug out all that putty crap, then i wire wheeled it, then i mixed up some glazing bondo and put a nice smooth fillet in there with my finger and after than primered and painted it with black -high solid-paint to keep the water out. looks great from above and will never rust again

[ September 20, 2002: Message edited by: bullheimer ]</p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts