Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
'57 Fairlane
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, has anyone 57-58 Ford car in Journal? I couldn't find a way to search there. Or anywhere else, with pics and info preferably?

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
Basically I am a Chevy guy, but back, way back I had a '57 Ford Fairlane like this one and the stance was about the same as this. All black, tuck and rolled interior, Cragars all around, 312 T-Bird motor, and not an ounce of bondo anywhere. Also the front bumper was removed and the '57 is one car that actually looks good with no bumper. I had the motor pulled and was doing some engine work on it. I went to Kentucky over the weekend and came back and the car was literally destroyed. Someone had taken a razor blade to all the seats, busted every single piece of glass out, stole the wheels, etc. :drunk: :drunk: :spank: :pain: :boxing: I never could prove who did it although I had a real good idea. Bad thing was...no insurance to cover it. Man I miss that car. And it was probably one of the best Fords out of many I ever owned.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Had to get in my WayBack Machine to dig these out. This is the '57 I had in high school (1965-67). It had a 312 Thunderbird, rolled and pleated interior, Honduras Maroon paint job, tube grill, and raked about 3" in the front - although in the first pic it had been restored to normal ride height. Also a second shot from before the paint job (sorry for b&w pics - these come from way before the days of digital and cheap color photography).

·
Administrator
18,402 Posts
Actually, 1957 was the only year that Ford outsold Chevy....Looking at those cars you can see why........Much better looking car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts