Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy everyone, I'm new hear and looking for a project truck. I have access to a couple unibody trucks a 61 Ford and 61 Merc. but what I want, what I really really want, is a 57-60 Mercury M 100 the closer to alberta the better. If anyone has any info at all please drop me a line. thx Guys n Gals :drool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bro, found those two last night, eventho the one in Calgary is a Ford, I plan on having a look on Sat. Found a couple in Sask. that are drivable farm trucks, both 59 and both Mercs for about 2500.00 but ones ten and ones 12 hours from me, so if anyone knows someone around central Alberta who has a car hauler and wants to make some cash, let me know. I used to call it Dead Rear too, but now that I've lived here just over a year I call it Red Neck, Alberta. thanks again :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
I was born and raised in Alberta. Lived in Red Deer when I was 2ish. Lived and worked in Rocky for 35 years. If you need a little getaway drive west of Bowden about 10 miles. Look for a place called Dean's Repairs ( I think that's his name)on the north side of the road. They have 10 acres of old cars. Might be a truck there for you.
Also there's a wreckers right at Bowden that has old stuff too. If you're bored you could cruise up on highway 12 northwest of Eckville. Look for Terry Federsen's. He deals in ford trucks if he's still alive.
Happy hunting!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went to Rocky last weekend, met Terry McCaw lot of beautiful rides there. Stopped at Leslieville on way back saw some nice 61 unibody mercs and fords but I want the 57-60 body. Going to Cowtown on weekend to look at that 59 anyway, might as well check out Bowden on way back and eckville Sun. thanks again bro

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
My pleasure!
To think Terry didn't know squat about anything automotive 15 years ago. It's handy to have money and hire your own bodymen and mechanics. Ya I'm a bit jealous but at least I can check my own oil.
If I think of any more trucks I'll let you know.
Speaking of Leslieville. I know a guy out there that has a 4000 mile original 54 Ford shortbox that's stored in a heated and a/c'd part of his garage. It was his grandpa's. Awesome truck. Like a time capsule.
Goodluck on your travels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.