Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i realize people on here seem to want to stick with a carburated system , but i feel I would to try efi. I dont think the efi will fit on the stock intake , so i was going to purchase a new aluminum but was wondering about how it would work on the original block....two dissimiliar metals and all, but im sure everyone does that when putting on a new intake? idk

·
the 'Duracell Project'
2,643 Posts
dissimilar metals with gaskets between surfaces. my 58 is efi, i'd not do it any other way. i hate carbs, mostly cuz i suck at tuning them
i ran into a guy with a number matching 67 camaro, who had put the carb in a box in the trunk and was running a carb type efi. he said all cold start/idle issues went away. life is too short to run carbs

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dissimilar metals with gaskets between surfaces. my 58 is efi, i'd not do it any other way. i hate carbs, mostly cuz i suck at tuning them
i ran into a guy with a number matching 67 camaro, who had put the carb in a box in the trunk and was running a carb type efi. he said all cold start/idle issues went away. life is too short to run carbs
What brand of efi do you runin your 58?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts