Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having some difficulty fitting the hood on this 57 2 door post. I had to use alot of shim under the lower hinge bolts to get the hood flush with the cowl as the hinges are very worn. Are the aftermarket hinges any good? So once I got the hood to cowl right I close the hood and the drivers fender to hood line is bad, see pics. It seems that the latch may not be pulling the hood down far enough, the rubber bumper on the adjuster is not making contact with the fender tie bar. The spring on the latch isn't broken, but I can push the latch in by hand if I hold the release handle. It just seems like if the latch would pull the hood down more it would be fine. With the hood closed I've got about 3/8" slop up and down. I've measured from the frame to the same spot on both fenders and they're the same hieght. I've measered the hood from the back corner to the front corner diagonally and get the same number both ways so i don't think the hood is twisted. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
street rods forever
324 Posts
On the latch jpg. there is adjusment to move hood left or right,the lower part of bracket bolts to the splash pan ,then to frame (if i remember right) maybe to many shims down there? or bent? You didnt mention gap on passenger side.With bad hinges I think you could be binding that 3/8 of an inch (up n down).There is a lot of adjustment where hinge bolts to firewall (for up n down).You could re-align it at cowl (slightly)to give you better gap at front of fender.You measured fenders for height ,now measure from firewall to fender to check diagonal differrence.....hope this helps..........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.