Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well we are getting about 15" of snow today so I decided to take the rear out of the 32 . It is a 57 Chevy rear with posi , ~ 4.11 gears and drums , I am trying to decide if I should spend the time to to make it nice again ( old school brackets all over it ) or spend the money on a 9" . I just don't want to do all this work to it if it is just going to break some day ... I also did not have it in the budget to get a whole new rear ...

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I messed up my rear tube

Well I was cutting all those brackets off the rear with a cutting torch and I put the rear back in the car less center section and axles . Both side have a noticeable arch starting around where the brackets were cut to the end . ~ 1/4 run out .. Is it ruined? Should I put the axles back in and see if it binds ?

·
Lost in the 60's
15,292 Posts
Tonythefish said:
Well I was cutting all those brackets off the rear with a cutting torch and I put the rear back in the car less center section and axles . Both side have a noticeable arch starting around where the brackets were cut to the end . ~ 1/4 run out .. Is it ruined? Should I put the axles back in and see if it binds ?
Check this out..http://crankshaftcoalition.com/wiki/Straightening_a_rear_end_housing If you have any questions ask Powerrodsmike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.