Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. Am building a '57 olds super 88. Any suggestions as to front suspension improvement? disc Brake Kits? Front clip? Aftermarket susp kits? Don't mind aftermarket stuff if it's heavy duty enough. Using a 455 BB. Also interested in changing to rear discs also but would like to keep stock rear-end. All suggestions greatly appreciated. thanks!

·
Slow but willing learner
5,407 Posts
Hi All. Am building a '57 olds super 88. Any suggestions as to front suspension improvement? disc Brake Kits? Front clip? Aftermarket susp kits? Don't mind aftermarket stuff if it's heavy duty enough. Using a 455 BB. Also interested in changing to rear discs also but would like to keep stock rear-end. All suggestions greatly appreciated. thanks!
I built a '57 Olds a few years ago. It always seemed like the perfect candidate for a GM sub frame but I never did do it.

John L.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Wiki

There is a Wiki article here on hotrodders about upgrading 37 to I think 59 big GM cars, BUT most of the various GM parts listed are very hard to find, There are a few Builds on the HAMB forums about swapping in Jaguar XJS front and rear suspensions to those years of bigger GM cars. Around here I have got Jags for $100 to $ 150 front or rear with brake pedal, M cyl, drive shaft, etc, we pull. Jags have big and heavy 4 wheel Disc's and the rear gears are a british design of the Dana 44

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.