Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Listen and Learn
1,809 Posts
There is no where near enough information given to know. My guess is 43.2hp. We need to know more about the engine including cam specs, current compression, current cylinder heads, what cylinder heads these 58cc heads are you speak of, intake, exhaust, timing, and carb will all be helpful.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
all l can tell you right now is the engine is from a 1989 chevy van, 350..throttle body. And l'd like to put these heads on it. Thinkin about putting cam's in it. Dont know for sure if going to do it. The head casting numbers for the head l want to put on is 14022601.Going to put some type of aftermarket intake on it with either 600 holley or 750 holley with hei (the two wire style) Shorty headers thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
You can expect better low end power for sure, but without working those heads you won't be making much power past 4,500 or so rpms. Good for a daily driver with weight unless you dig deeper on the combo and heads.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I did a build with 58 cc Trickflow 87-95 Centerbolt heads with 175 cc runners and was very happy with the results of a TBI 350. It had 9.7:1 compression a XE256 comp Camp with 1.6:1 rockers. Tuned chip from Brian at TBI Chips. Ran 454 TBI injectors, and a matched 50mm TBI intake. Very torquey and good top end for a TBI engine. My point here is use good parts. Trickflow, AFR heads really make the difference.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
for real?

Say you have 58 cc heads, .040 gasket, .030 overbore, the pistons have about 5-10cc of space between the gasket surface, that is the neighboorhood of 11:1.

Swept 350 volume 716cc or so, and total combstion volume being around 70 something.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.