Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for someone to do window work , my door windows (1958 ford pickup)need to be replaced. anyone around doing this sort of work? i can get the glass but I need help putting it in any help would be appreciated thanks

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
Its not very hard to do. You would start by taking the door panel off.take some pics and post them...if the dew strips and felt need replacing you should order them too,it's always best to have everything you need before you start..... If your looking for someone to do the job you should add where you live to your post ,there may be someone close by.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
to deadbodyman

thanks, your right , I should try to do the job myself, I have never worked on these old windows, I guess now would be the time to update to a electric window kit,I live in preston,id the north end of cache valley. my son and me are headed down to the cruisein this morning looking forward to some fine old iron.

·
Hot Rod Has Been
187 Posts
The glass is held in place in the channel with a length of felt or rubber...available at any glass shop. You may want to replace the window channels if they are worn...or not. Make sure you lube the rollers with lithium grease...

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
any time you do the glass you want to remove the regulator and and clean it in the parts washer to get all the crud off and give it a good inspection for wear or broken parts,be sure to clean and grease the slider channel that the rollers slide in usually theres two one is mounted to the door and the other is on the bottom of the glass...installing an electric regulator can be a real challenge for a first timer ..Unless you really want power windows I wouldnt suggest doing it unless the old regulators are shot...it could turn into a 2-3 day project insted of a 2 hr job...
But if you want pwr windows and have trouble getting them in ,your in the right place to get help...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.