Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I'm running my blower with a 34 and 38 gear and may go to 1:1 drive. I'd like to do this without buying another belt. Is there a formula or ? that I can use to calculate what gears I can use without buying another belt?

·
More for Less Racer
19,898 Posts
Some of the answer is going to revolve around how much travel you have in your tensioner with the current belt, and if you currently have more travel left in the right direction..

Going up 2 teeth on the 34 to 36, and dropping 2 teeth from the 38 to also make 36 would be the exact same belt.
To get 1:! both pulleys are equal.....so whether you can make them both 38 or both 34 with the current belt will depend on your tensioner.

It is easy enough to figure out belt length changes if you know the pitch on your pulleys....you using 1/2" pitch, or 8mm??

1/2 " pitch, 4 tooth change, = 2"
8mm, 4 tooth change, 32mm= 1.25"

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some of the answer is going to revolve around how much travel you have in your tensioner with the current belt, and if you currently have more travel left in the right direction..

Going up 2 teeth on the 34 to 36, and dropping 2 teeth from the 38 to also make 36 would be the exact same belt.
To get 1:! both pulleys are equal.....so whether you can make them both 38 or both 34 with the current belt will depend on your tensioner.

It is easy enough to figure out belt length changes if you know the pitch on your pulleys....you using 1/2" pitch, or 8mm??

1/2 " pitch, 4 tooth change, = 2"
8mm, 4 tooth change, 32mm= 1.25"
Thanks Eric! u da man!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts