Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I have decided to scrap the in line 6 in my 54 belair and go with a 350 where can I get the mounts to convert this project ? want it done right is there a kit that is made and if so who makes it ...thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
Motor Mounts

Hi Superdc,
You might want to check out Chassis Engineering in West Branch, IA.
Their website is www.chassisengineeringinc.com You may have to do a little searching on their site, but if I remember correctly, they have a kit specific for your application. I'm sure that other companies have kits as well, You just have to do a little "Googling".
P.S. Chassis Engineering is one of those outfits that have been around forever. Hope that helps. Rick

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
rear end too !

It doesn't end, You will probably want to change out the old torque tube rear end to something newer, need rear spring index pin relocater or new springs, then front disc brakes, power steering, then power windows and door locks. A/C then have a new car in an old body. We started on My 100 year old farm house where we spend the winters when we go south. , Just going to fix the leak in the back porch, some new paint, and refinish the original oak floors, Ended up an entirely new roof, replacing the 80 year old wiring and plumbing, adding insulation, new windows, new kitchen cabinets, tile bathroon, etc.. etc.

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
Dont scrap the '54 engine, it's worth a few bucks to someone wanting to switch out a babbit pounder 216/235 with a FPO 235. '53-'54 are the only engines that fit without a water pump adapter, and the only engines that appear stock in those same cars.

Several places sells the SBC mounts.. Chevsofthe40s and National Chevy assoc both come to mind also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts