Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like a no brainer, but I purchased a 6 volt car with low miles, and all is well in the electrical system. Everything works as designed, has a new 8 volt battery. My only problem is that I have no cruising tunes. I can't find a 6 volt am/fm, cass, cd radio for my car. Somehow I doubt that I'm the first to go thru this. What are my options?
Thanks for your time

·
Registered
417 Posts
Seriously, unless you are shooting for a show-level restoration, changing to a 12 volt system is a good move. Every accessory in the world is 12 volts, you'll be able to buy light bulbs at Checker, and easily use an alternator which will keep your battery in better condition.
You really don't want to get into replacing an 8 volt battery.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I'm not sure which way I'm going to go. I agree that 12v is the way to go. But I have to be careful, because I have this bad habit of grounding a car for 2 years. I start by switching to 12volts, next thing I know, I'm sanding and buffing a base/clear frame. I promised my wife we'd get to enjoy this car, after a select few body, and suspension mods.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.