Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys,
Ive got a 1978 Ford F-250 with a 400. Engine is rebuilt with Edelbrock cam and lifters, and obviously the intake and carb. When the engine is ice cold, it starts like a champ no issues. when its warmed up i have to hold down the gas to get it to start and it blows a blue flame out of the top of the carb. Also, from idle to about half throttle the truck runs perfect. from half to WOT the engine feels like its starving for fuel. Im at sea level and im running .101 main jets and .098 secondary jets. ive pulled the plugs and they tell me im running super lean (white color). I have adjusted the timing 14 degrees above TDC, brand new mechanical fuel pump and my fuel filter stays completely full. Ive opened the top of the carb up and dont see any blockages in any of the jets. also the floats are spot on as well. im at a total loss. Any suggestions at all would help. THANKS!

·
Registered
12,338 Posts
I hope the f-18s dont fall out of the sky?

richen it up if its lean,,,change the metering rods takes about 2 minutes

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trust me the Jets fly just fine. Ask ISIS they know.
I have played with the metering rods and have the smallest ones possible in it now and still no joy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok guys got it fixed! I'm a total dip**** and set timing with the vacuum advance line to the distributor hooked up which threw the timing off 3 degrees. Plus I think I got some bad fuel. I'm squeling 35's all day now! Thanks for the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts