Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
More for Less Racer
20,947 Posts
Something (dirt) in the needle and seat or the float level needs to be lowered. Needle and seat can just be screwed out of the top of the fuel bowl and inspected, then re-installed, and then reset the float level. Fuel should just barely trickle out of the sight plug on the side of the fuel bowl at idle when set correct.

You are REALLY killing power with that peewee air cleaner you have on there, it isn't even big enough for a lawn mower engine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys will see if that works. as for the air cleaner , i understand its way too small. im just trying to fix the bigger problems first. i.e gas leak , timing , wheele size and lugs ect. onc again thanks if i need more help i know where to turn

·
Registered
4,729 Posts
Just get a basic holley rebuild kit for that carb wich should be only about 30 bucks or so and you should have your gas problem gone after you does as others suggested check your float level and clean the carb up. It could not hurt it.
Eric

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.