Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get info/parts breakdown on reconditioning a '60's era Ford 4 speed shifter?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cerial, yes I do. It's in my '63 Fairlane.
AutoGear, I'll try that. It's an OEM that's simply worn. They were all sloppy from new but this is worse. It's on a T-10. I found a recon Hurst on line but they wanted just under $600 with no linkage. Been searching for about 5 years now. Guess I'll just Doctor the OEM. I have installed springs and buttons but that didn't help.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Thats why I asked. The actual shifter will be hard to find. But the springs, etc everything that attaches to that shifter can be found easily.

Being a T-10 I would use newer T10 parts that work with your t10 then hide all that new stuff under the boot. Even going as far as cutting and welding your old shifter to a new stick.

The result will be something that looks old but shifts far better for much less then a "factory replacment" made overseas.

·
Registered
17,613 Posts
And I can tell you that having dealt with him in the past, David Kees is a man of honor and integrity in his business dealings.........:thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts