Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi camwinder here. In the Jan. 1975 issue of Rod Action Magazine,Brian Brennan had an article with stats and tech. infomation about the Chev. four cyl. engine and I'm hoping someone out there might have that information. I have one of those engines, a 63 that was built up for an A-altered, but it's in need of refurbishing, so I need Brians or anyone else's information. Any help would be very appreciated. I was told that this engine is 12 to 1 and I know when I first got this engine and would rev it up, it was up and down very fast. Thanks ahead of time, camwinder.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
63 Chev 4-cyl.

Hi, techinspecter1, any infomation you can find would be great. I want to put this engine in a street driven model A, it is connected to a powerglide trans, the same that it was hooked to when it was raced. thanks again, camwinder.

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts
camwinder said:
Hi jimfulco, I think your right about the Brian Brennan at Rod And Custom Mag. I have e-mailed them but haven't got an answer back yet.
Brian Brennan has been/is the editor of Street Rodder Magazine,

not affiliated with Rod and Custom.

·
Registered
147 Posts
You must be refering to the "Twin Cam Vega" aka "Cosworth Vega". If you are there are complete raceing build instructions in my copy of the Chevrolet Power Manual. I have a 5th edition from 1984. You might check with your local Chevy store for a current copy and see if it still has this 4 banger. This info is direct from the horses mouth and much more copmplete than you could ever find in some advertiser driven rag. Good luck, sounds like a fun project. I'd like to do this with the little turbo OHC 4 from my PT Crusier.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Camwinder, My mistake. I don't think there would be a Chevy 2 four in the Power Manual. But, if you want small block, big block, Cosworth, or Corvette suspension jazz it's the only reference you will ever need. If you're stuck on a four a Pontiac Iron Duke from a Fiero would be a cheap goody.
Will

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.