Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put a 4 link or ladder bar set up in my 63 chevy2 gasser. At this time my 10 bolt is underslung to match the rear height with the front strait axle but when I shift, it moves to much (the tires hit the front of the wheel wells). I have N50-15 tires on it and with the 10 bolt thats in it I dont have any tire clearance issues. I just built a 383 for it and I know this set up wont handle the power. I would like to put a Ford 9" in it. I want to do all this myself but I need someone that has done this before for some answers. All I need is a bit of a game plan. Where do I start, length of ladder bars or 4 link, front brace location and best weld points, coil overs mounts location, panard bar mounts, frame connectors? Should I cut out the existing rear frame rails and go for the fuel cell in the trunk. I dont want to buy a kit and I dont want to repeat the job. Should I tub it at the same time? How should I determine the width of the rear end? Keep in mind that I am trying to build a "vintage gasser" so I dont want to use the state of the art parts.

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts
jokar1 said:
I

when I shift, it moves to much (the tires hit the front of the wheel wells). I have N50-15 tires on it and with the 10 bolt thats in it I dont have any tire clearance issues.
How in the world is the rear end moving like that?...... IT IS DANGEROUS.

Definitely do something different.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts