Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone. i have recently purchased a 63 Impala rolling chassis and have some pretty big questions for my new project car. now i have quite a few questions for this would be my first chevy project and my knowledge extends more in to the ford area. i have many years as a ford mechanic for old fords since you must repair daily :) now i have a couple questions regarding the motor. as of right now i think im going to run a 350 with a mild cam and a tri power setup. But i was wondering if anyone has heard of a 454 with a tri power setup and if they think it would be reasonable idea to pursuit. next i need some advice and recommendations for a transmission. . i would like a manual and something with 4-5 gears forward. Something that bolts right up to the 350/454 and i can put some torque through, but if needed i will use a adapter kit. All help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

·
Super Moderator
18,370 Posts
The 427s came with tri power ....one of those will fit depending on which heads are on the 454.....pretty scarce though

·
Registered
13,465 Posts
Hello Everyone. i have recently purchased a 63 Impala rolling chassis and have some pretty big questions for my new project car. now i have quite a few questions for this would be my first chevy project and my knowledge extends more in to the ford area. i have many years as a ford mechanic for old fords since you must repair daily :) now i have a couple questions regarding the motor. as of right now i think im going to run a 350 with a mild cam and a tri power setup. But i was wondering if anyone has heard of a 454 with a tri power setup and if they think it would be reasonable idea to pursuit. next i need some advice and recommendations for a transmission. . i would like a manual and something with 4-5 gears forward. Something that bolts right up to the 350/454 and i can put some torque through, but if needed i will use a adapter kit. All help is greatly appreciated, thank you.
A 409 W motor and a 4 speed would be right at home in a 63 Impala.

Bogie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts