Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know how to remove the lower control arm pivot from the subframe? i have everything stripped to this point, but the threaded bars seem solid - and i don't want to 'get a bigger hammer' as there may not be any going back. i'm in england and this is a bit of a rare item over here. ie. there are no spare parts. thanks - any info would be helpful.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
does anyone know how to remove the lower control arm pivot from the subframe? i have everything stripped to this point, but the threaded bars seem solid - and i don't want to 'get a bigger hammer' as there may not be any going back. i'm in england and this is a bit of a rare item over here. ie. there are no spare parts. thanks - any info would be helpful.
...here's a pic of the front end of the threaded pivot bar...

Attachments

·
Old(s) Fart
6,080 Posts
There is a Kent Moore tool that threads onto the shaft and locks in place. This allows you to unscrew the shaft from the crossmember. A pair of regular nuts threaded on and torqued against each other will do the same thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.