Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I'm starting a new project. I spend a lot of time of the 67-72 truck forums, and WAY too much time on the boat forums, but starting this new build and will be spending way more time here. I'm starting a 1964 Chevrolet Biscayne build. It's a 2 door post car. Some sort of white/creme factory color, with turquoise interior. As rough as it LOOKS, this car is a solid project, that should go pretty easy! Car is set up for a SBC. I have a healthy, pretty stout 357" SBC on deck, with Dart Pro 1 heads, hydraulic roller camshaft, etc. Even have a 700r4 ready to bolt up and go. BUT, that would be too easy!

Why a big block Oldsmobile, you ask? Well, my boat has a built 488" stroker Oldsmobile. Has a forged rotating assembly, pretty big cam, and runs hard! But, I am building a pretty rowdy 540" BBC, 13.5:1 compression, 850-900HP monster headed (Brodix BB-2 Xtra aluminum heads, with chambers and runners all CNC'd, that flow 395cfm) race gas type engine for the boat. It's a hot rod. The 575 HP Olds wasn't cutting it. I cannot sell the Olds for what it's worth to me, though. Anyone with that kind of money is looking to build a BBC. So, I'm going to run the big Olds I this big car! It's going to be a Cruiser, that might even be asked to tow my Apache or my race boat to the drag races periodically. Maybe even an old camper every once in a while.

I'm obviously going to pull the tunnel ram off of the Olds, as cool as it looks. Well, might run it in the car first, just for fun.

Here's the car. Quite straight, complete (grill/headlights/headlight buckets in the shop) and very rust free Arizona car. Going to start out by gutting it, stripping it down and prepping the body for paint. Once painted, I'll run a new Painless Wiring harness through it, and get everything powered and grounded appropriately. Then I'll fit the big Olds into the engine compartment.

I've already started prepping by sourcing a BOP TH-400 and having my transmission guy rebuild it over the next couple of months.

Here's where I'm starting:
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Plant Car Vehicle
Car Tire Plant Vehicle Wheel
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Car Tire Plant Vehicle Wheel

Tire Wheel Plant Car Vehicle

Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Yellow Automotive design

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The suspension has already been gone through. All new bushings, ball joints, steering bits, leaf spring bushings and so forth. Rear axle has had bushings and bearings replaced and fluid replaced.

Original brake booster and master cylinder have also been replaced with CPP parts. Hard and soft brake lines also replaced. So, is currently disc/drum. I have a bomb proof posi Ford 9" that I will likely swap in at some point, too.
Road surface Cross Gas Religious item Symbol

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One issue that will need addressed is the rear tail panel area. One of the cars previous owners added some sheet metal panels to the tail panel and retrofitted some of the big round Ford Falcon tail lights. I'm wanting the car to maintain a factory appearance, so I will undo that work by replacing with L AND R corner tail panels and a full replacement trunk lid. I couldn't find Biscayne specific tail light panels, but I think that I can use the easy to find Impala panels. I believe that they are identical, aside from some extra trim for the Impalas.
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Tire
Rectangle Rim Automotive tire Auto part Plastic
Output device Rectangle Automotive exterior Bumper Gadget
Rectangle Rim Camera accessory Automotive tire Auto part

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Leaning towards all turquoise upholstery, but I'll solicit the more decerning eye of my wife, to figure out what will look best. Somewhere between turquoise and white for the upholstery. Will keep it all stock appearing. Seat frames are in good shape. Will keep it a bench/bench six seater! It was originally a three speed automatic car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's a few of my other vehicles: my '59 Apache. Definitely my hot rod. Healthy 383 SBC, Dart Pro 1 heads, roller cam, big converter, QA1 tubular control arms up front, drop spindles, C5 Corvette/LS1 brakes with cross drilled and slotted rotors on all four corners. Hotchkis dual rate coils, with custom valved Bilstein shocks front and back.. It's c-notched, currently awaiting its No-Limit Engineering 4-link with Viking Ridetech coilovers. It's got 4.10 rear gears, a Detroit locker and Yukon hardened axles. 3" mandrel bent exhaust with electric cutouts.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Here's my other old cars. '57 Plymouth Savoy, with flat head straight six and dash shifted two speed. This car is NOT fast! Four wheel manual drum brakes.
Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design

Motor vehicle Gas Nut Automotive wheel system Auto part

Here's the '68 Fairlane. 347 Stroker roller engine, C4, disc/drum. This car now belongs to my son and is his pride and joy:
Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Car

And, finally Here's my '68 GMC. Lots of time wrapped up in this one. It's got a pretty high strung 427".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts