Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, does anyone know where on a 64 vette 327 250HP motor the pcv, if any, is located. is it this "baffle" above the valve train under the intake towards the back of the engine that then vents through a tube in the intake into the air cleaner? and if so is this a "real" pvc or can it be replaced and how by a new pvc,also there seemed to be a hose from the oil filler tube to where? Any help will be great, thanks in advance.

Frank, [email protected]

·
aka Duke of URL
4,815 Posts
On that model year, the valve should be sitting in a grommet at the rear of the intake. It should be sourced to manifold vacuum, hose connected to either carb plenum or spacer. The tube on the oil filler is a fresh air intake and should be directed to the air cleaner.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

the tube from the back of the intake going into the aircleaner is the Crankcase vent tube,I am told in the Ecklers cat.and is about 3/4-1" diameter.one end screws in the intake and the other end with a hose and clamp in the air cleaner housing. With the intake removed there is this cylinder type baffle under the intake that connects to this vent tube. there is no rubber grommet for a pcv valve that i can see. The hose connection from the oil filler tube which is located in the front of the intake is about 1/2" diam. and maybe went to the carb?? With a new edelbrock performer or rpm intake is there a place for this crankcase vent tube? how will I vent the crankcase? do you have any experience with this?? Thanks again.

Frank [email protected]

·
aka Duke of URL
4,815 Posts
Hmm...

You had better wait for a GENUINE CHEVROLET FREAK to help you. I am not familiar with what you are describing.

·
aka Duke of URL
4,815 Posts
There will be somebody along. I just remember early SBC being different than what you describe. It may be unique to VETTE.

I need the answer myself now... :D

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Doc here, :pimp:

Here is the stock configuration for 63 to 67-8 Vettes,

Be advised, If your going for a RESTO, the PCV system did not appear until 1966, according to the book..either the closed system or road draft were used..

If your just adding PCV, to keep the engine/drive-train and oil clean, use the Bottom left diagram..

Doc :pimp:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts