Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
Im helping my newphew build a 65 chevy truck,it needs a new gas tank and we was wanting to move it to the back under the bed,the problem is he dont have the money for a new one,he is a good kids goes to school and works to but he hasnt got the money for a new one,so i was wondering if there are other vechicals you can get the gas tank from that we could do this swap with,maybe a s10 or something,Thanks

·
Revolution Calling
916 Posts
As for me, I like the smell of gasoline, so why would you want to go and ruin the fun of setting on 20 gallons of the bubbly? :D

A relocated tank makes sense IF the original has failed. If you buy another tank, why not get it outta the cab, right? S-10's, Jimmy's and Bravada's are a dime a dozen.

FYI, my '65 still has the original tank. No leaks. Go figure.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey thanks guys,do you know what year s10s work the best for this?
IF it wasnt for it beening so full of rust id probley talk him into reusing this one but just cant seem to get it all out and i would feel better if he didnt have it right behind him anyways,probley wouldnt look to good either with bucket seats haa,

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
C-10 said:
As for me, I like the smell of gasoline, so why would you want to go and ruin the fun of setting on 20 gallons of the bubbly? :D

A relocated tank makes sense IF the original has failed. If you buy another tank, why not get it outta the cab, right? S-10's, Jimmy's and Bravada's are a dime a dozen.

FYI, my '65 still has the original tank. No leaks. Go figure.
my dad's '72 has a leak free original tank too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.