Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Chris
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have started my 65 F100 Im going to do a chassis swap with a crown vic chassis.I will post pics as the build goes along any (HELPFUL) Tips,tricks,and other info is more than welcome. If you think this is a bad idea or just dont like the idea of a chassis swap PLZ dont post. I have seen other forums where people have posted negative comments and im not that type of person. Not so much on this site thats why I sign up here thanks I hope i didnt come off to harsh.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
crosssmember?

I've seen info on the ford truck forums about swapping in a C Vic crosmember, not the whole chassis. and a few guys have done the Jag front and rear. And a couple ford Aero star crosmember swaps.

·
Chris
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah me too I was going to go with s10 frame then I seen a post on a crown vic
im not sure if it was on here or not he had full pics of the whole build looked awesome and they even used the engine and trans out of the vic.... first time I seen that i think it was like a 97 chassis also seen one on like a 86 or 87 ltd frame pretty much the same as the newer vic... with factory height of the vic it had the perfect stance im the type that likes to try new things hard or not...

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
That particular chassis swap makes a lot of sense to me..Now it will be some work in fabbing the body mounts and such..and wheelbase is something to look at but then altering the wheelbase of the chassis is not overwhelming..

Sam

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
That particular chassis swap makes a lot of sense to me..Now it will be some work in fabbing the body mounts and such..and wheelbase is something to look at but then altering the wheelbase of the chassis is not overwhelming..

Sam

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.