Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Army Strong
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would any of these look good on a 65 mustang coupe?

shelby stripes or straight color
underglow or stock
the American Racing Shelby rims or stock
pirelli low profile tires.. or drag radials.. which?
black paint job or mustang green

a scoop or a blower?
if scoop.. a cowl type scoop or a short low proile scoop?

paint spread at the scoop^^ like.. the center of the hood is silver.. and the whole car is black

which of these do you like better?

·
Lost in the 60's
15,259 Posts
Everyone of those is a matter of personal preferance. Do it like you want to do it and not like others want it.

·
Army Strong
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MrPhotographer06 said:
would any of these look good on a 65 mustang coupe?

shelby stripes or straight color
underglow or stock
the American Racing Shelby rims or stock
pirelli low profile tires.. or drag radials.. which?
black paint job or mustang green

a scoop or a blower?
if scoop.. a cowl type scoop or a short low proile scoop?

paint spread at the scoop^^ like.. the center of the hood is silver.. and the whole car is black

which of these do you like better?
then i'll answer my self
haha

white shelby stripes

stock .. no underglow
american racing wheels
Drag Radials
Mustang green with teh silver part in the hood where the scoop is
and put a short 3 inch scoop in the middle

-there

:thumbup:

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
MrPhotographer06 said:
then i'll answer my self
haha

white shelby stripes

stock .. no underglow
american racing wheels
Drag Radials
Mustang green with teh silver part in the hood where the scoop is
and put a short 3 inch scoop in the middle

-there

:thumbup:
how about a shaker hood? Or even going diffrent Use a Ford reverse teardrop hood scoop, , like the fairlaines and some falcons have, or, even section the factory front scoop out of a '63 roundbody Falcon and put it in the middle of the mustang hood.

·
Army Strong
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
matt167 said:
how about a shaker hood? Or even going diffrent Use a Ford reverse teardrop hood scoop, , like the fairlaines and some falcons have, or, even section the factory front scoop out of a '63 roundbody Falcon and put it in the middle of the mustang hood.
the round body looks cool

but i like the tear drop wayy better

i'll go with taht
but then again the shaker looks cool too

i'll decide after i get it.. and finish the interior

b/c it HAS to be done if i dont finish the exterior i can drive it.. haha

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts
MrPhotographer06 said:
the round body looks cool

but i like the tear drop wayy better

i'll go with taht
but then again the shaker looks cool too

i'll decide after i get it.. and finish the interior

b/c it HAS to be done if i dont finish the exterior i can drive it.. haha

I'd build it as a black with bright gold GT-350 hardtop, no numbers in the side stripes, no rocker panel mouldings, with accent colored (gold) 15x 7 inch mini-lites, 215 x 60 black tires, beige interior with late model buckets and rear to match, 66 instrument cluster. Pull all the trim doo dads except the 66 grille surround and door handles/ trunk key. NO scoops other than what a 66 GT-350 might have on the hood, but reversed to let the heat out, none/ plain on the side. I'd save the bumpers, no R model front pan :nono: , exhaust the rear like a 66 GT, or side like the 65 Shelby, and install the wide 67 Shelby T-bird sequential taillights and a small kick up spoiler like the Maverick. I'd use Granada 2" dropped spindles and disc brakes and drop the rear level. I'd stuff in a 5.0 HO with T-5 and air cond.

This would look even better on a 63 Falcon hardtop. :thumbup:

3,214 Posts
It's amazing!!! People have been hotrodding vehicles for many years. They would decide that they wanted to do something to their ride, and just do it. Sometimes it didn't work out the way they wanted it to look, so they changed it. A lot of trial and error.

Now people get on line and want to know what everyone else likes. If you are computer savy, which I really am not, you can use them to your advantage to make a computer image of the changes you are thinking about. You can look at it and see if it APPEALS TO YOU. It is your ride, not someone else's.

Aaron

·
Registered
42 Posts
custom mustang

I customized my 68 mustang gt 390 fastback, the body was in such bad shape. I replaced the front and back rails, installed both torque boxes, floor supports, floor pans, tail light panel, quater panels, outsode wheel wells, cowl vents. Replaced some parts of the back window channel the roof drips rails were rusted out, and this was before they came out with a repo roof panel, that I used 5/16 brake lines and weld them in the drip rail channels and blended it in with the roof.installed upper and lower side scoops, I frenched the tail lights and removed the door handles. but if I were you I would take a look at a web site called restomodshows.com/restomods. it shows things like ground effects, hoods, front aprons, and so on that you can customize your mustang.

·
Army Strong
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
xntrik said:
I'd build it as a black with bright gold GT-350 hardtop, no numbers in the side stripes, no rocker panel mouldings, with accent colored (gold) 15x 7 inch mini-lites, 215 x 60 black tires, beige interior with late model buckets and rear to match, 66 instrument cluster. Pull all the trim doo dads except the 66 grille surround and door handles/ trunk key. NO scoops other than what a 66 GT-350 might have on the hood, but reversed to let the heat out, none/ plain on the side. I'd save the bumpers, no R model front pan :nono: , exhaust the rear like a 66 GT, or side like the 65 Shelby, and install the wide 67 Shelby T-bird sequential taillights and a small kick up spoiler like the Maverick. I'd use Granada 2" dropped spindles and disc brakes and drop the rear level. I'd stuff in a 5.0 HO with T-5 and air cond.

This would look even better on a 63 Falcon hardtop. :thumbup:

i never thought about it that way..

i was thinkin the 65 shelby exaust and most of that i'll be put into consideration

thx
-cam

1 - 9 of 9 Posts