Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 66' c30 dully truck that was my fathers that i want to restore.Is it a 3/4 ton or a 1 ton? Does the c30 body parts match the c10 and c20 parts? Are there any conversions for this model? Any and all advice is welcome...

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
C-10 = 1/2 ton C-20 = 3/4 ton C-30 = 1 ton, all of the body parts SHOULD be the same. Is it a 6 banger, 283 or a 327? a granny 4 spd? and what do you plan on doing with it besides restoring it? What conversions are you talking about? ....engine, trans?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
327NUT

This truck is a 283 or a 327 ? Was originally a 6 banger then later converted. Truck was used by my father as a tow vehicle for a race car. If car broke truck was tore apart to fix car,once race was over truck was put back together and then we came home....this was done many many times. It has a granny 4spd with a pto drive. Wanting to upgrade brake and possibly the tranny and make all body repairs that need to be made..

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
While it's not exactly the same, I did some pretty major upgrades to my old 66 3/4TON in my profile picture. It's been a number of years since I sold it, but I might be able to remember some of the brake upgrades. Let me sit on it awhile hehe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.