Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
When i read you post my response was the same -"WHY????". Those Mustangs have good proportions as they are. I saw a 67 or 68 chopped a few years back and it just looked out of proprtion. I would put my $'s and efforts into improving the stance and the rolling stock to set it apart. Just my 2 cents.
Bob

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,459 Posts
With a bunch of detailed goodies that car can look pretty sharp. I say leave it. But if you were to chop it, the windshield and back glass are the hard parts. The back glass is tempered and can not be cut. The side glass is as well, but I think it is flat on that car so you could cut new from safety plate.

Brian

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I remember this 3.5 chopped '65 that was in hot rod quite a few years ago. I thought it looked good with the chop and lowering. But mustangs look nice as they are also. Its depends on what you want and like, not what others think. There will be a few people screaming if you cut up an old mustang anywhere. Do you want to look like other mustangs or do you want to be different?

Attachments

3,214 Posts
With a coupe, like Brian said, glass will be an issue. I would make sure you have a glass EXPERT available. If it was a fastback, the windshield could be "adjusted" as well as the back glass, to use the originals. With a coupe, it is alot more complicated.

You might want to use one of the coputer programs to modify it and see what it looks like first. With the lines of a Mustang, chopping it will make it look more lke a train than a car.

Aaron

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,459 Posts
You see, not that Chopped Mustang, I don't get. It is chopped quite a bit but all the rest of the body looks stock, it even has the emblems on the fenders. What is the "theme" of the car?

A near stock appearing car with a slight chop, that would look like it "belongs".

Go get yourself a book on factory "dream cars" or "Styling exercises" and see how a manufacturer "improves" the average car. Buick had a 63 Riv they called the "Silver Arrow", chopped about an inch and a half. Very nice looking car.

Brian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.