Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK Thanks Poncho!

Well, as the title says, I have a 1966 Chevy II/Nova that I am doing a frame up build. I thought I would share some photos with you guys and would welcome any thoughts or comments that you may have!

John

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
poncho62 said:
WOW...thats what I call a rebuild...........What is that transmission?
It's a T-56 six speed out of a ZO6 Corvette. I decided to use the torque tube/Transaxle unit for better weight distribution of the car. The motor is an LS7. I'm trying to build a road racer that will run with street manners thus the IRS!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Henry Highrise said:
It looks fantastic! WOW! There are a lot of cars in that shop.
The shop I found is amazing! You should see the '57 truck they are doing! In fact, they are featuring the build in Truckin' magazine as we speak! Here is a link to their site:

http://www.ironworksspeedandkustom.com/

Go to the projects section and click on " '56 Chevy Pickup C6". That thing is just plain SICK!!!!

John

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well ya know I just HAD to do it! Wouldn't want to deprive you "little people" of the pleasure! :D :D :D

Not sure when I'll be your way but it looks like it may be sometime in the next month. I'll keep you posted!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Novanutcase said:
Well ya know I just HAD to do it! Wouldn't want to deprive you "little people" of the pleasure! :D :D :D

Not sure when I'll be your way but it looks like it may be sometime in the next month. I'll keep you posted!
Well, we little people love to see the progress.
See over at Steves.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The guys started on the rear part of the cage this week and I have some preliminary photos but I'm not sure if I'm happy!

I had asked the shop to run the C-Pillar down bars inside the C-Pillars much the same way they did the A-Pillars. I don't like that you can see them out the back window. We'll have to work on that!

I don't like the way the bars turn to meet the rear point in the trunk area. I would much rather it go all the way back to the rear most part of the frame and run a support where they are attached to now! Any suggestions or comments? Oh well! More brainstorming to make it right!

John

·
Registered
111 Posts
Novanutcase said:
The guys started on the rear part of the cage this week and I have some preliminary photos but I'm not sure if I'm happy!

I had asked the shop to run the C-Pillar down bars inside the C-Pillars much the same way they did the A-Pillars. I don't like that you can see them out the back window. We'll have to work on that!

I don't like the way the bars turn to meet the rear point in the trunk area. I would much rather it go all the way back to the rear most part of the frame and run a support where they are attached to now! Any suggestions or comments? Oh well! More brainstorming to make it right!

John
Hey John, for the amount of dough your dropping on this project I'd make em do it the way you like it. But it looks pretty awesome to me. :drool:
And yes, I'm tracking it on both sites :D
Can't get enough of it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
NWayne said:
Hey John, for the amount of dough your dropping on this project I'd make em do it the way you like it. But it looks pretty awesome to me. :drool:
And yes, I'm tracking it on both sites :D
Can't get enough of it.
Thanks for the compliments! I think it is just a meeting that needs to be had so that they understand what it is I really want. They did say it was a preliminary mock up so maybe I'm jumping the gun a little!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.