Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed 2" drop disc brakes this weekend. I wasn't really looking for the drop but the price was right and I wanted to get rid of the drums. As I suspected the drop brought my headers dangerously close to the pavement. The local speed shop recommended buying some big block coils to gain back some or all of the ride height. I like the idea as it should also stiffen the ride. I would love to get some feed back on this plan and or know if anybody has used big block coils on a small block car.

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
I did, on a '72 Nova (same front end as yours), and not by choice, when I bought supposedly identical springs from GM. Seems they superceded my original part number with a number for a spring sized for a big-block car, and it lifted the front end about 1.5". Looked like crap. They weren't noticeably stiffer, just taller.

It'd be easier to just get some stock-height spindles and Ebay the drop jobs.

Another thought, just FYI, the guys over at www.camaros.net/forums said Doug Thorley's Tri-Y headers don't extend below the subframe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.