Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to find out why people dont run a power sterring gear box and pump in a 67 nova.Ive been told it wont work ,but I dont see why not.Can somone help me here?

·
Registered
392 Posts
I just did a GOOGLE, and found several with power steering.

Then I checked some online suppliers, and they sell a power steering gear and pump for a 1967Nova.

If there is room for it, I don't see why not. If there isn't room, redesign it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey guys, new member here.

The nova does'nt have a strong enough frame being unibody its not like an A body with a heavy steel frame. Can't handle the pressure. And the way it was designed with the steering sitting so far back it was easier to power assist it and use that rare front sump on the oil pan.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
n66ht said:
Hey guys, new member here.

The nova does'nt have a strong enough frame being unibody its not like an A body with a heavy steel frame. Can't handle the pressure. And the way it was designed with the steering sitting so far back it was easier to power assist it and use that rare front sump on the oil pan.

Can you post a pic of the location of a 66 gear box? Ive heard there is a difference.Im going to install the gear box but Ill probly beef the mounting location up.Im working on replacing floor boards right now so itll be awhile.

·
Registered
23 Posts
pics

turbonova said:
Can you post a pic of the location of a 66 gear box? Ive heard there is a difference.Im going to install the gear box but Ill probly beef the mounting location up.Im working on replacing floor boards right now so itll be awhile.

Let me see if I can get you some pics off my car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! I like pictures,They help alot.I noticed your in so cal too Id like to check out your car in person If you wouldnt mind.Is that it in your avatar? Ever go to irwindale speedway?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts