Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i own a 1968, true ss 396, matching numbers, all original camaro with just under 50,000 miles on it. it has a 12 bolt 3:08 rear end and a turbo 400 tranny and a vinyl top. it has been sitting for 15 years in santa cruz california under a tarp. it has rust but not very bad and the paint looks good. the interior is in almost perfect condition with some rat damage but i vacuumed it out and cleaned it nicely and it looks pretty good now, almost not even noticable. it runs great, but does have some lifter noise. i was wondering without any pictures, and based on that information, what might this car be worth.

thanks

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
I build these cars, I stole a 69 SS/RS 396 no motor or tranny 5,000.00 and had to go right through it including rear frame rails.......Yours.......Id be willing to pay 25,000 for if it's all orig.... plus my left nut,my wife and first born child,......just kidding..... you can HAVE my wife..... but thats if I was buying, which I'm not "wink,wink" pm me

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
here in Ga. there rare everybody chops them up for drag racing but retired guys love them.I make a pretty good living rescueing drag cars putting them back to orig.its a lot less work (more profit) build a nice one that didnt need rear frame rails and floors etc... So it depends on which part of the country your in I guess.....heres one I'm just finishing up 120,000 69 ss/rs ...an old drag car

Attachments

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
68 RS another rescued drag car.This is what you get for $4,500 here not much at all,the roof is pretty good.I hope this helps...dont let someone steal that little gem,also ten years from now the price will most likly double,sounds like a great car you got there

Attachments

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
I recently looked at a 69 Camaro project that was advertised in the local paper. The ad said 69 Camaro project car, many parts, engine trans & rear axle...$15,000. When I arrived the young man opened the garage at the rear of his house to reveal the most packed full of junk garage you could imagine. There was only a very narrow walk way to the back door of the house through the garage. I could see what looked like a car under all the stuff, but I could not tell it was 69 Camaro. I flatly told the kid that there was no way I could even make a decent evaluation of the car the way it was. I waited around about an hour while he hauled stuff out onto the driveway. Eventually he uncovered the Camaro, and what a heap it was. No front end sheet metal at all, he had sold it :mad: . It had two hobbled on quarter panels with some of the most awful welding I have ever seen. Both doors were off so I had no idea of how square the quarter panels were to the body. The trunk floor was completely gone as was about half of the cab floor. He did have new floor and trunk pans that luckily he had not tried to install. The dash was completely stripped out to the bare shell with parts strewn all over the garage. Oh and the engine was a junk yard 350 that he said had been overhauled several thousand miles ago...yeah like 100K+ miles :pain: He did have a nice looking Muncie 4 speed and a 12 bolt with multi leaf springs though. I shook my head and told him it was not what I was looking for. he asked me to give him an estimate and I said I could not even do that.

Vince

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
now I know where I know you from Vince......My garage....seriously,I go through the same thing all the time people get all excited from watching Chop, cut ,rebuild and think their POS is worth what they get at Barret Jacksons...very frustrating...a good body only ,is worth about 4-5,000 SS or RS plain jane six banger 2,500 a runner 6-8000 in rough shape but a numbers matching running car?... OMG , thats rare You'll get a good fight going over that one.........in Ga.anyway

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.