Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
!969 Chevy C20 Roadster
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1969 Chevy C20 Roadster
My Chevy roadster began with a couple sketch ideas and theme boards. The design theme was part american hot rod truck, part early american speedster. A tight budget and a list of must have attributes helped define my concept. I wanted my project to be powered by an Chevy v8 with a Muncie 4 speed transmission and rear wheel drive for starters. I have had many fast vehicles over the years but the ones that felt the fastest were the ones with the least bodywork and the most connection to the driving experience. At one point as a kid I rode in my neighbors Jeep without the doors. We blasted down dirt back roads one summer afternoon. Wind in your face dirt and bugs flying everywhere. The experience stuck with me. Pure excitement and danger with in 10 mph of the legal limits. This meant the design would be as open as possible. Exposed tires and suspension, no doors, and little wind protection would make the driving experience raw and exciting. I wanted to see all the components working, hear, feel and smell everything. 45mph would seem like 60 and 80 more like 100.
A few pics attached. More about the build process soon

Attachments

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Exciting for sure, being that close to those exposed drive wheels!
Looks like fun, and probably won't take tons of power to make it P.D. Quick.
I always liked the VW sand rails that you could drive on the street. A raw driving experience, and goggles are a good idea!

·
Registered
!969 Chevy C20 Roadster
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Exciting for sure, being that close to those exposed drive wheels!
Looks like fun, and probably won't take tons of power to make it P.D. Quick.
I always liked the VW sand rails that you could drive on the street. A raw driving experience, and goggles are a good idea!
Hey Excellence.
Thanks for the interest in my C20 Roadster build. Just posted a few new pics and info. And yes it is 2600 lbs with 350hp 400ft/lb torque which moves it along very well. A few more pics attached
The other cool part was the complete build cost including the donor C20 chevy truck and new crate motor at just a bit over 16.000 bucks.
And yes to goggles. 0-60 is in the 5 sec range in the open air. Its like a motorcycle.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.