Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i'm new to this site so this is my first post. i'm taking on a project for my uncle who has recently bought a 69 camaro with a trans issue. i havent driven it yet but he tells me it works fine in first and reverse, but he has no second or third. he wants me to just put a unit in it but i think it might be something simple like a modulator or a valve body issue. any info would be greatly appreciated.....thanks

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,783 Posts
trans

You will need to check the basics first. Look in the pan for debris, and fluid color. Check the modulator for vaccum at the connection and check it removed from the transmission with a vaccum pump....

Let us know waht you find and we can go from there.

Keith

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
checked the modulator for vacuum...good. took it off and inspected it, checked it with a vacuum pump...worked fine. didnt drop the pan but the fluid looked clean on the dipstick. pulled the tailshaft housing and found the plastic gears for the governer broken. got a new governer and going to install it tomorrow. i was advised by the guy at the trans place to check the output shaft for play because that could have caused the gears to crack. i'll let you guys know how it turns out...thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts