Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of losing the 68 marker lights with 327 engine size and getting plain bezels and lenses. My car is a 69 and I dropped in a 5.3 and am sick of the "that's not a 327" comments.
I was told they are 68 fenders but looking online, 68's have the lights lower. Perhaps I only have the 68 marker lights?
Need to know if the small markers will fit the holes that are in the fenders now.
Also, where can I get the plain bezels and lights from?

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hope somebody knows. I bet TMP do.
I found some.
Ordered same size for the rear as well.
More holes to weld.
The bezels on the rear are quite big compared to the lens.

I'm gonna be welding up the reverse lights and painting the black SS stripe across the gate as well.

·
Grand Prix user
5,416 Posts
Black? Yeah them lamps are a noggin scratcher. I bet legal front side markers could be hidden somehow in the grille corners. But thats a something for somebody else's pickup. Enjoy the project.

edit: BTW, I think theres such a thing as tag screws with backup lights in them. To further disorient you. ;)

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Black? Yeah them lamps are a noggin scratcher. I bet legal front side markers could be hidden somehow in the grille corners. But thats a something for somebody else's pickup. Enjoy the project.

edit: BTW, I think theres such a thing as tag screws with backup lights in them. To further disorient you. ;)
The 68 reverse lights fit all the bumpers, 68 - 72. Sweet.

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like this without the black bottom down the sides. And of course with Chevy script instead of SS.

Reactions: idrivejunk

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That wood grain used on cars way back when reminds me of my Mom using mac tac in the drawers and cupboards. I immediately think of that when I see a woody. Being married, that's not very often.....what?....I get out to fewer cruise nites since married......get your mind out of the gutter.....

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just when I said to get your mind out of the gutter....ha.....

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A fella on the Chevelle forum mentioned losing the 327 from the call out and enter 5.3 L in there. Don't like it still.

·
More for Less Racer
19,505 Posts
Maybe the actual size of the 5.3L....325" in a letter font and size to match the original?

The example you have with the "5.3L" the lettering is too big, not the same as the original from what I remember and can see in your first post

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just did it for giggles. It's painted on with White Out. I'm still going with the SS mini marker lights. Nice and small.
I ordered some 5.3 L emblems. Not sure if I will use them or not. Need to get the paint job done and stick em in place. Can't tell what they really look like from the photos.

·
Grand Prix user
5,416 Posts
I like your shadow bra in the pic.

Emblem needs more fleurs de lis.

Want me to stick those not had yet ones on it?

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I like your shadow bra in the pic.

Emblem needs more fleurs de lis.

Want me to stick those not had yet ones on it?
Thanks. Nah, I'll have them soon. Supposed to be here by the 10th.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts