Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I've been looking around for the last few days trying to find some info on this.
I have a 302, with casting number D4O (or D4D) so apparently it's a 1974 motor. My friend identified the oil pan as being a late model 5 liter, and it's a serpentine setup. My understanding is that it was mounted to a 70s or 80s ford truck. The motor mounts on the engine are just rubber pieces with a single bolt through the middle.

My question is, what do i need to buy to make this mount to my 1969 mustang? The mustang has the stock lower mounts, the metal pieces. There is only one hole in each mount, and it's in a corner. I tried finding pictures of the different pieces, but i never seem to find what i'm looking for.

Is there a kit i can buy, or can i hopefully just swap out some cheap rubber piece on the motor?

thanks
Travis

·
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty
13,765 Posts
Just order your mounts and the stands if you dont already have them for a small block setup for your year car, NPD/CJPONY PARTS/ PADDOCKS/YEARONE. And i am sure there are mor out there also. I have had alot of good luck with CJPONY and YEARONE. I am thinking 67 thru 70 have the same mounts and stands. here look at this here. Hope this helps. http://search.cjponyparts.com/results.php?keywords=motor+mounts+and+stands . Cole

·
Registered
338 Posts
If you already have the "stands" for your car to be a 302 or 351W car, then all you need to do is hit the handiest local parts store for a pair of "1969 Mustang 302 motor mounts".
The mounts bolt up equally to all the small block V8's from the earliest 260's to the last of the 5.0's and 5.8's in the 1990's. Ford never changed how the mounts bolt to the block. They just used different mountings to fit the engines into various different vehicles over the years. Toss the truck mounts and reuse the bolts to put the car mounts on. Make sure you don't mix up the new mounts, one goes on the left (or driver's side) and one on the right. It's possible to put them on backwards and wonder why the engine doesn't fit the car right. It happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.