Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I want to swap my 2bbl to a 4. I have a ford 4bbl manifold (302). Not sure which carb to go for and I suppose I should re-cam also. The engine is out of the car, so now would be a good time. Any suggestions? Oh ya, I also have headers already. Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
engine was rebuilt 15 years ago and has been sitting in a a heated workshop. It was rebuilt to stock nothing fancy. The car will not be for show, but just a sunny weekend driver. Thanks for your interest RZ

·
Build it right the first time
227 Posts
a friend of mine has a 68 stang with the 260H a 600 holley and a weiand Action plus on a .030 over 302 small block it'll sink you back in your seat pretty good when you wromp on it!! and he's put about 5,000 miles on this setup and it still runs strong

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I agree with everything except the double pumper, I would use a vacuum secondary Holley, like the new 570 cfm Street Avenger series.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi again Kuhn, just looked at those links you gave me and they look good. I have heard that the Holley 4100 is a good choice. I don't know too much about carbs but do you think a manual choke is better than an electric or automatic choke? As for the manifold, since I am not sure what it came off of ,or which carb fits it, an after market is probably the wise choice. I suppose a manual choke is fairly reliable and easy to install. thanks Rz

·
Build it right the first time
227 Posts
with me manual chokes if just a preference, b/c the control of it is at your fingertips, but some people liek electric...they make that carb with both i believe i just chose the manual choke for the link b/c of my preference its up to you

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The control part makes sense to me, however, i"m sure the wife is going to want to drive the stang every once in a while and I don't think she will be able to pick up the concept of a manual choke.

·
aka Duke of URL
4,815 Posts
zuker60 said:
I have heard that the Holley 4100 is a good choice.
A HOLLEY 4100? I believe you mean an AUTOLITE 4100. This would be a perfect carb for a street 302. Also follow the advice against a double-pumper for the street. Bad on fuel economy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts