Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello another question I’ve been searching for days and can’t find no info.
I was wondering what the pinion offset from the centerline of the axel ?

I’ve found out that the ford 9” is 2.25 “ from center of axel .
I’m trying to figure how much of a difference their is between the two .
With the 7.625 at ride height my drive line is almost to 0 deg
And using the 9” I’m wondering if I will gain some deg in the drive line.
Thank you kelly

·
Race it, Don't rice it!
8,821 Posts
He's referring to how far away the pinion center line is from the the ring gear center line. I don't know the answer but Motive gear would. The 9" is one of the lowest pinion center lines.
I can't imagine it'll be anything close to enough to worry about U joint angles.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I found one for the 9” but nothing for the 7.5 or 7.625 I will try calling them after work and see if they could tell me thank you.
I know I need a better rearend that will handle the tourk and hp.
and As a bonus getting a better ujoint angle with the drive line moving down to the 9” to cancel out vibrations or noise from drive train

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The car is up and running and things are set for ride height the transmission is down 2.4 deg can’t go up any more and rear end os set up 2.4 deg and it’s a triangulated 4 link so it’s not going to move and the drive line is 0 deg to .1 deg so my thanking is when I put in the 9 “ that the pinion would be lower I was hopeing a inch so I would have more angle on the drive line to cancel out vibrations and harmonics
If not it is what it is nothing is moving except new rearend one day.
I called three places today Randys off road and motive gear and one other ring and pinion place one of them knew the answer.
mother looks like I have to jack the car up again and measure it or goto the wrecking yard and just crawl under and measure.
im trying to get the drive line at the rearend to move down.
I’m not going to change ride height or move motor and transmission up or down everything is welded in and done

1 - 12 of 12 Posts