Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a set of headers for my 70 Impala , I found this site by looking at reviews for Sanderson Headers, and dont think i want them based on more bad reviews than good,. I have a set of DYNOMAX ceramic headers 0n the car now and I am not happy with them because of the spark plug clearence, it is almost impossible to get the boots on let alone chang a plug, on about half the plugs . Can someone research this and HELP me select a medium range and priced header to fit this car? thank you Mark

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts
markg904 said:
I am looking for a set of headers for my 70 Impala , I found this site by looking at reviews for Sanderson Headers, and dont think i want them based on more bad reviews than good,. I have a set of DYNOMAX ceramic headers 0n the car now and I am not happy with them because of the spark plug clearence, it is almost impossible to get the boots on let alone chang a plug, on about half the plugs . Can someone research this and HELP me select a medium range and priced header to fit this car? thank you Mark

Use short spark plugs and dimple the headers. Include aircraft "fire sleeve" over the boots.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sanderson headers

Yes , That is what I saw about them , if you look up search for Sanderson , i found a link that has reviews about them , about 9 out of 10 were not good, though I met a guy at a show that had a used set he bought on e-bay and put on a Chevelle 350 and liked them . But, if it is a matter of luck if you get a good set or not , I am not going to get them.. C-YA.
Mark

·
Car? Truck? Who Cares
2,485 Posts
I had mine ceramic coated locally.
I like em
They were the only thing I could get to fit a BBC in an X-frame car.
I have better than 2000 miles on the car now & have had no problems
with leaks.

But I am talking about the Cast Iron headers-----you may be talking about the tubular headers???

Bryan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.