Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the transmission out of the truck and got it apart overun cluthces are toast .i have cleaned everything up and i am fixing to put it together i have all new steel and frictions i am missing the waved plate that goes between the overuns and the forward clutches why would someone leave this out any help woul be greatly appreciated

·
Administrator
10,116 Posts
gman398 said:
I took the transmission out of the truck and got it apart overun cluthces are toast .i have cleaned everything up and i am fixing to put it together i have all new steel and frictions i am missing the waved plate that goes between the overuns and the forward clutches why would someone leave this out any help woul be greatly appreciated

Only a guess here on your problem;

There are early and late forward friction design for the 4l60 - 700r4 trans... thick and thin frictions

If the thick forward frictions are used where thin are needed, you can leave the waved plate out and gain some needed clearance for the clutch pack .

:cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.