1949 Ford Coupe RESURRECTION
941 Posts
You might check this link out for some clues:

And

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Pressure checked the band and it works fine. Went trough those links '49 Ford and have a couple more leads. Will follow them as soon as I finish checking the valve body.

Wood Road surface Asphalt Wall Gas

1-2 throttle valve assembly looks good. Wasn't sticking or dirty. Will check all others just in case.

·
1949 Ford Coupe RESURRECTION
941 Posts
Here are some references.. I've never heard of before...

Also, I remember someone telling me that if the accumulators are very leaky, it won't upshift... so get those sonnax pinless pistons...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Not much new to report pal!

Textile Rectangle Grey Wood Floor

I already finished cleaning the BV and plate.

Automotive tire Grey Font Bicycle part Automotive wheel system

Looks like one of the servos spring was working broken at some time but the spring is fine now.
Right now I'm just waiting for te BV gaskets to assemble and test.
Yes! I will order the parts you suggested, but down here things happens at a slower rate. Could take a month to get the parts here so in the mean time I will keep testing what I can with what I have. In the next few days I will be installing the trans again, testing and reporting. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Solved!!!!
Or at least it works with the car on stands. Still have to play with the TV cable adjustment on the road but all 4 speeds shifts either manually or automatic. The last I done was disassemble and clean all the valves on the valve body. None looked bad or stuck but obviously somehting was going on there because it works fine now.

Thanks to all of you guys to take the time to help me solve this mistery. I will report hare as soon as I take the car on the street.

Thanks a lot!!!

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
5,646 Posts
Excellent news. Good luck.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts