Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i am new at this but i have rebuilt my 700r4 for my 90 gmc burdan 1500r 4x4. i have had the trany in and out 4 times and im stuck!!! used the b&m rebuild kit from sumit with shift kit. first i put the forward sprag in backwards(clockwise rotation vs counter clock wise) please dont ask! fixed that then hured grunting sounds when accelerating from stop after warm... tor out and found that i had burned up my new 3-4 cluch pack so put in new one along with corvet servo and raybesto wider band. truck seems to drive great but there is no engine braking and it keeps pissing fluid out the breather tub especialy when i get on the throtle. have checked the valve body couple times and all valves move freely. tv cable has been adjusted several times and moves freely. please sombody have pity on me and helpme please!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes they were all in. turns out i made another rookie mistake the problem was that the b&m kit comes with two oil pump gaskets for two diferrent case years and i accidently put the extra one between the two oil pump halves but as i have now humbly learned there is no gasket that goes here. removed gasket and now runs fine . thanks!!!!!

·
Administrator
10,122 Posts
new.guy said:
yes they were all in. turns out i made another rookie mistake the problem was that the b&m kit comes with two oil pump gaskets for two diferrent case years and i accidently put the extra one between the two oil pump halves but as i have now humbly learned there is no gasket that goes here. removed gasket and now runs fine . thanks!!!!!

wow.... good to hear it works now

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.