Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help guys. Brand new (rebuilt) everything. 454, 700r4. Installed the tv cable and suddenly it wont come out of park. Anybody know whats up. I used the TV made easy system from bowtie overdrives.

·
Banned
9 Posts
tramy

I am not even close to being a tranny expert; but I don't think the TV cable is causing your problem, Have you rocked the car back and forth and tried to get it to release ? As when I have parked on a incline I have had to struggle to get it to release from park ..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tranny is a new rebuild with 0 miles. It was shifting fine before I installed the TV cable (no fluid, on jack stands) before I ever started the engine. Now that Ive started the engine, filled with tranny and installed the TV, all of a sudden I cant get it out of park. I also have the B&M megashifter. There are no kinks in the linkage. I have tried to go under the car to work the shifter by hand (and vise grips too!) and it wont budge.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tranny is a new rebuild with 0 miles. It was shifting fine before I installed the TV cable (no fluid, on jack stands) before I ever started the engine. Now that Ive started the engine, filled with tranny and installed the TV, all of a sudden I cant get it out of park. I also have the B&M megashifter. There are no kinks in the linkage. I have tried to go under the car to work the shifter by hand (and vise grips too!) and it wont budge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.