Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a decent 700r4 lockup TC brand. I have had 2 Recons fail, one with a bad weld at the hub (fluid leak) and one with a faulty stator clutch and now a Dacco with a broken turbine hub all within 30k miles. I'm running a stock engine in a 1988 fulsize Blazer with minimal light towing and don't beat it. Original converter was code DEF with I believe 1650 stall and I would like to stay close to that for fuel economy. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
508 Posts
i use dacco in my shop i had no issues so far i was using recon in the shop i worked at before i had 3 failures in diffrent vehicals leaks vibration loss of movemnt in 3 diffrent vehicals i use a guy in cleveland ohio on custom builds perfect converters is his company as far as a hub break iv e neever seen a 700 do that culpe things to look at i seen this on chrysler units is pre ignition will do that also inspect the dowel pins and flex plate if u want a tad bit lower stall u can get a 1375 most diesels used that also a 97 carbon unit has a smoother lock up and will last longer any questions feel free to call me or pm ************ ******

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.